We are understandably very selective with what we accept on consignment. Marketability, display-ability, and resale-ability are all parts of our aim to serve our consignors and shoppers in a balanced and mutually-pleasing way.
For health & safety reasons, or, because we cannot properly display them, we do not accept:
- Bed, bath, & window linens
- Sofa Sleepers (unless new)
- Tools, appliances, or other electrical utility items
- Any electrical item otherwise accepted (lamps, lighting) with a frayed, cut, or damaged power cord or plug
OVERALL WE TARGET A CURATED COLLECTION OF ALL ITEMS UNDER 10 YEARS OLD AND "ON TREND"
Though we encourage re-purposing and refinish/painting, and have a DIY inventory in both of our stores, our space is limited for those items. For the most part, we do not accept:
- Items in need of extreme repair or completion
- Furniture older than 8-10 years, (classic styles/brands sometimes go older) Especially on high end brands. Century, Baker, etc.
- Upholstered Furniture older than 5 "ish" years, (Real Leather May go) older.
- Glass-top Dining Tables (we take a few)
- Armoires /Entertainment Cabinets ( TV types, or If the backs are punched out)
- Commercial-style Office Furniture
- Large Roll Top Desks
- Particle-board Furniture
- Unframed Art (That came out of frame, Unfinished edge, stables showing, skinny depth)
- Art with dated Frames or Matting Or Frames with structural issues, waffling inside glass, prints slipping, etc.
- Mass produced Wall Art
- Unframed mirrors
- Books (some unique, or coffee table-style books accepted)
- Audio/Visual Media (Albums, CDs, Tapes, DVDs, etc.)
- Lamps without shades(OR WORKING BULBS) or Lamps with dated/damaged shades
- Most Incomplete Sets of Tableware/Glassware, etc.
- Shiny Brass Items (limited)Does NOT mean the NEW Brass.
- Most Personalized (monogrammed, calendar-dated) Items
- Knock-off Items Displaying a Designer Brand (that is not authentic)
- Colors like Mauve, Sea Foam Green, Peach, Hunter Green, Burgundy(when with Green)
- Fabrics with Lace, Ruffles, Bows, Not many plaids or florals.
- Items that need to be assembled, to show what they are. Ex: You need to assemble Light fixtures before leaving them with us.
- Clocks that have not been proven to be working or do not have working batteries.
- Dolls(Exceptions are Some Christmas Ornament Collectibles at Christmas only)
- Most Collectible plates, Avon Bottles, Depression Glass, Carnival Glass, Milk Glass, etc. (check with Intake person for current trends, as this can change)
- Items that did not have an original value of $15-20.
- Items That are NOT in the Correct Season
- Something not covered? Please ask!